Muscle Snatch 1-1-1-1-1
Power Snatch 3-3-3-3-3
STUFFING by Sarah
1 lb mild Italian pork or chicken sausage, casing removed (I used chicken sausages from my local butcher)
4 ½ cups mushrooms, diced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
6 celery stalks, diced
4 carrots, diced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon diced fresh sage
½ tsp minced fresh thyme leaves
½ cup dried cherries, finely chopped
½ cup slivered almonds
½ tablespoon minced garlic
4 tablespoons lard, butter, or ghee
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large soup pot, sauté onions in lard, butter, or ghee until translucent.
3. Add the sausage and brown.
4. Add the carrots, celery, mushrooms, chicken broth, cherries, almonds, sage, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
5. Mix well, bring to a simmer, and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the veggies begin to absorb the chicken broth.
6. Transfer to a large glass baking dish, cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.